Why Travel to Rwanda?
Rwanda is famous for its Mountain Gorillas, but there are other attractions if you have the time to spend there.
- Gorilla trekking in Park National des Volcans. Easier trekking than Uganda and more open forest so often more comfortable for photography, though the permits are much more expensive. Access to Park is easy, a 2 hour drive from Kigali, which makes it a cheaper prospect than Uganda, as you can fit in 2 Gorilla Treks in a 4-5 night stay.
- There is more to Parc National des Volcans than the big apes: Golden Monkeys. Dian Fossey’s research centre.
- Meet the family: 13 species of primates in Nyungwe National Park.
- Conservation in Action: Akagera NP is under the management of African Parks and under their development plan, they have reintroduced many plains game that were there originally and it is fast becoming a decent safari destination and a conservation success story.
- Lush landscape: The land of a 1000 Hills: the Virunga Mountains, Lake Kivu.
- A powerful modern history and an economic, political and social success story.
- Easy access to the Serengeti and Tanzania for an impressive game experience and the Democratic Republic of Congo for visits to Virunga National Park and Nyaragongo Crater.