Why Travel to Tanzania?
Tanzania is a large country with a broad safari canvas. One trip is enough to dip your toe in and will give you a taste for what’s on offer. But you will need several more trips to really get under its safari skin.
- Safari adventure and wonderful game, both big and small. Nature year-round.
- The largest populations of lion, buffalo, wild dog on the continent.
- Over 1100 bird species. Don’t panic: 150-200 is a very respectable safari list indeed!
- Endless variety of habitats & geology: high mountains, wide plains, deep lakes, warm oceans.
- Eye candy in spades: Serengeti, Ngorongoro Crater, the Great African Plains famous for Big Cats.
- The Great Migration somewhere in the ecosystem all through the year.
- Less flashy yet endlessly fascinating: baobabs & gloriosa lilies, bat-eared foxes & dung beetles, leopard tortoise & banded mongoose, elephants and kingfishers. There’s something for every taste.
- Quiet and more remote: the Southern Circuit, nature red in tooth and claw – Ruaha, Selous, Katavi.
- Push yourself: climb Mt Kilimanjaro, Mt. Meru or Ol Donyo Lengai.
- Meet the relatives: Chimpanzees on the shores of Lake Tanganyika, Baboons, Colobus & the Gentle Monkeys.
- Bush walks, night game drives, balloon flights, canoeing on lakes and mountain-bike safaris
- Adventurous walking safaris through Ruaha, Katavi, Nyerere NP, Ngorongoro & Serengeti.
- Snorkeling, diving, swimming with whale sharks & dolphins, kite-surfing, boat trips.
- Freshwater & deep-sea fishing. (If you are one of the fisher-folk, we support tag and release).
- Learn some life-skills with the Hadzabe hunter-gatherers and the Maasai.
- Zanzibar, Mafia & Pemba: the Swahili Coast & culture in the Spice Islands.